9 Volt Batteries

Monday, July 7, 2008

So I was surfing the net trying to find fabric for my nephews b-day quilt & I hear a scream & something was dropped/thrown on the floor & I went running. Payton kept pointing to her mouth & I could not figure out what happened. I kept asking her what happened & she would just cry & point to her mouth. Since that wasn't getting me answers I just decided to hold her & we watch Finding Nemo for about 20 minutes. Once she was calm again I asked her to bring me what hurt her mouth. She went over to the side of the couch but would not go any further. I asked her to bring it to me & she wouldn't so I got up to find this....

No the batteries were not my first thought because she puts keys in her mouth & gets in trouble for it all the time. I picked up the keys & asked if this was what hurt her & she kept pointing to the ground. That's when I realized that it was the 9V batteries that I bought for the smoke detectors. I didn't realize that they were able to give off shocks still, thinking there was a design improvement made since I was a kid. I'm not willing to try it out but I have to assume that's what happened.
Payton loved the Boo-Boo Buddy & is still carrying it around. Lesson for the day... not everything should be put in your mouth!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

dana said...

Poor thing. I love that expression on her face in the first picture. She looks so old!

Gary Church said...

Poor Payton! I still remember when Julie convinced me to stick one of my tongue because it 'tickled'. Brat. I still remember the feeling and I hated it. Poor kid.

Mom and Dad said...

So sorry Payton got hurt. Wow, what a beautiful little girl!

Lisa Marie Trent said...

I think Josh purposefully put one of those on Jack's tongue...but you know these kids they handle pain like champs. Payton looks satisfied with her decision... :)