She's a Climber

Friday, February 23, 2007

In the last week or so Payton has started climbing over things & not just around them. If it's in her way she pushes it out of the way then will climb over it if it doesn't move when before she would just go around or give up & find something else to do. In the process of climbing over things (like us if we are using our bodies as a barrier for example) she has figured out that they can be used as a stepping stool to get to higher things like the couch & bookshelf. Until today it seemed that she would just stumble onto these opportunities, however I think she has figured it out. She pushed a box over to the couch & climbed up.

Yes TROUBLE!!! We are in trouble. So we will be child proofing again. The first round of child proofing happened when she started rolling & then again when she started crawling (this was the biggest one) & now here we go again. This one will be pretty easy because it's just a matter of keeping the boxes from being accessible. But also we now can't the put things we don't want her to have just out of her reach because she's figured out how to get to them.

This next set of pictures where the shockers for me. I was working on the previous post & I turned around to find this!!!

She loves books so I can understand why she would want to pull them down but I was not ready to see this. My mouth dropped open & she didn't acknowledge that I caught her, which she usually does. When she does acknowledge that I have caught her it doesn't stop her but she will smile & of coarse laugh. Then I pulled out the camera & even while taking the pictures she was VERY focused. This is a child that from birth would pose for the camera so I knew that she was probably a little nervous herself by what she was doing.

So I pulled her down & spread out the books & went back to finishing up the post. I noticed she got quite again & she was up there again! I took that box away & she crawled right over to another box & pushed it to the couch & took the pictures at the beginning of this post. Yes trouble would be the word for it.

-Jenn



1 comments:

Gary Church said...

Oh my goodness! Now that's what I call "too smart for her own good". Holy smokes! You are SO going to have to watch her like a hawk. What a smart little cookie. And cute too!