Just Yooking, no touch!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

This is what Payton tells me all the time... Not touch momma, just yooking. As was expected she is very aware of what others around her are doing especially if those actions may leed to touching of any kind. And she only is extra careful when her shirt is off... when her shirt is on she will pat her chest & say 'no touching'. The pat isn't soft so I know it's just a mental thing now & not because it actually hurts.
You can see that the top of her incision is BEAUTIFUL!!! Or at least I think so. The dark line is just dried blood that is under the layer of glue that they put on after surgery. Actually it is completely off now but Donald has my camera down at the parade route (Rose Parade) & I wasn't going to wait any longer to post on here.
It took a long time for her xrays to start to clear up. There is still some fluid in her lungs but it is going away, even if it is slowly. She is doing okay with taking her medicine. Some days are better than others. We are still on a lot of diuretics so she is peeing out of her diaper like crazy, which means a lot of laundry but oh well...

We had a scare last week... we discovered that her coumidin levels were dangerously high & we had to be sure that she didn't hurt herself or fall or anything until they came down. For those of you familiar with the blood thinner, they want her to be between 2-3 & her INR level was 5! So we didn't give her the dose for 3 days & retested the morning we were going to restart & she was 2.5 so we started it up again at 1/2 of the dose we were giving her. I was so upset (that is a major understatment! I have not gotten that mad to the put of upset stomach & shaking since high school) & to avoid going to a 'bad place' I will just say that I am glad it was caught before anything major happened. Because our strict instructions were to keep her on a "soft couch & have her watch movies all day" we did not give her the bike we got her for christmas. If she is still going to get it then it won't be for a while..... that is still up in the air. She will need to be on this drug for 6 months to 1 year. So maybe next year....

She is also on a LOW FAT diet so what that means for our cheese loving, cheese with every meal, will eat nothing but cheese for a meal sometimes is.... yeah you guessed it NO CHEESE! We did find some low fat (which has been defined for us as less that 3 grams of fat per serving) cheese at Whole Foods but it is $8 for a block a little bigger than the size of a deck of cards. She also can't have anything with Butter, Oil & the worst is NO FRENCH FRIES. I don't think you understand the gravity of this. I could get her to do anything for french fries! Anything! Oh well. We will survive... somehow.

Let's see what else. She is talking up a storm & I will be posting some videos very soon. I love that she is talking & am loving getting to know her in a whole new way. Thanks for checking up on her & I'll keep the updates coming!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Krista said...

Jenn,

I am so glad to hear that Payton is doing better. We have been thinking of her lots. I hope you all enjoyed the parade this morning - it always makes me sad that we are far away and can't come! Happy New Year!

Krista

Kristi David said...

She's such a cute girl! I can't believe how big she is now. I'm so glad to hear that she's healing well and that all of the scares seem to be past! Happy New Year!

Lisa Marie Trent said...

It is SO weird how she is flat out a different color! I love it. My parents left this morning for SIX MONTHS...to teach the study abroad in London, and Jack will be having his surgery while they are gone. So I kept telling them he'd be a different color when they return and they don't get it.

She looks so good. There is nothing like a smile on a little kid after they've had open heart surgery!

Gary Church said...

I know it's no consolation, but you had me laughing out loud! I think Ryan would shrivel up and die on a low fat diet. No hot dogs ... no cheese sticks ... no 99 cent burgers ... no grilled cheese ... Wow. We'd be in serious trouble!

Does she like marshmallows? Ryan loves them ... they're low fat. And Go-Gurts ... they should be low fat too. Holy smokes. I can't think of anything else he eats that is low fat ... oh ... pancakes.

So ... what are you feeding her these days?