What do you do on Memorial Day?

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We love to watch the fly overs. Unfortunately is was cloudy that day so they didn't fly right over my parents house. I've decided that I'm one of those Americans that would love a fly-over every now & then. My favorite part about New Years is the fly over at the beginning of the parade (now that is a fly-over! They are really low & it's thrilling!) & the fly over at the beginning of the Rose Bowl game..... sorry, tangent...
Everyone runs outside to catch a glimpse.
This year was all about projects. We took advantage of the weather & the guys removed a few more stumps. I transplanted some stuff in the garden... I'll post about the garden later.
Even the kids were put to work. Casey brought the corn to Grandma.
And even help shuck the corn. He is such a good helper.
The kids did get some play time in.
Ryan & Payton tried to swat flies... (okay before you get grossed out, the swatters were brand new).
And we were lucky that they didn't see any flies on each other. This kept them busy for at least 30 to 40 minutes, it was awesome!
And even though it was cold & the water was on the cool side, we swam (actually I didn't but some did) & had fun. Payton is Miss Independent in the pool now that she has figured out floaties.
There was happy play.
And serious play.
Some cold strolls on the deck.
We had good friends & yummy ribs that Tyler made... I'm kicking myself that I didn't take more pictures! But from the picture below you should be able to determine that even the youngest eater thoroughly enjoyed what was served.

At the end of the day they sat around discussing the progress that was made that day... and determined it was a success. Yeah another fun & successful Memorial Day! (And posted before the 4th of July... woowhoo! Another success)

1 comments:

Megan said...

We get flyovers several times a day... All you have to do is come visit! :)