Monday, August 27, 2007

My mom has this wagon that is so great. It also comes with an umbrella but the best part is that you can strap them in. It is also super lite & easy to steer. They love going on walks. Up the street there is a house that has a lot of roses & flowers that Payton loves to go by. Ryan enjoyed himself too. A few days ago we went on a walk up there & we were pointing out things & calling it by name... rose, yellow flower, etc. So we came up to a birdhouse that had a little fake bird on the perch. I said birdie & Payton clear as day said it back. I looked up at Melissa to see if she heard it & I said it again & she repeated it. I was so excited. I have done everything that I can to get her to say it again. We've been to Petsmart & stood in front of the birds & NOTHING!!! So she can talk but she chooses not to. She said Thank you at church yesterday to a friend of mine & then wouldn't say it again. Yes she has a mind of her own, but at least I know that she can.

So what is it like watching 2 toddlers.... Just like below they are usually going in 2 different directions!
One is happy stopping to admire the flowers & the other is bookin' it in the other direction. But it is so much fun having them together.
Payton's favorite word right now is... well first she points & then says "deece" (aka this).
She is staring at Ryan run around. I'm sure wondering, 'where does he get all that energy!'
Melissa, Casey & Ryan in the backyard.
Ryan Playing with his birthday toys.
Payton riding on Ryan's birthday bike.
I wish I had a bigger play area for Payton, she loves being outside! For now we just borrow other people's backyards so she can be outside more.

5 comments:

dana said...

Those are the best toys! I love that wagon. And yea, someday we'll all have houses with yards and play areas. Just might not be in California....

megan said...

I also love that wagon! I wonder where she got it? I am glad that you are able to borrow someone else's yard! That's great! Hope all is well! Haven't seen ya in awhile!

Jenn said...

It's a Step2 wagon. That website can be dangerous, so be careful. I have a wish list on that website.

Knight knughts said...

backyards make a big difference when it comes to kids. I am glad your friends and family share. Payton looks like she is making her Christmas/ Birthday list with the way she rides on the toys and smiles at you.

Cindy said...

That's funny she can talk but just chooses not to. I bet when she decides she's ready to start talking she'll be using full sentences.