Fireworks...

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This year we went to Lacy Park to see the fireworks for the 4th of July. Going into it I was not worried about Payton because she did so well last year. I was hoping that she would do a lot better this time because she was older... no such luck!
If you have never been to Lacy Park then let me explain... we were on a field & about 40 to 50 yards in front of us is where they were shot off from. Payton FREAKED OUT!!! She screamed with TERROR like I have never heard before. I thought it was the noise so I covered her ears, nope. I thought it was the lights so I shielded her, NOPE, while covering her ears, a double NOPE. When she started signing 'All Done' & waving bye to the fireworks so I decided to get up & walk around. She was fine as long as we were walking away from the fireworks. Then when we were further back (to where there was a tree between us & the show) she calmed down for a few seconds & watched before she'd started crying again. By the time that they show had ended I was dripping in sweat! I was so glad that my dad was not there to worry about her. Needless to say next year we will either fore-go the whole experience or we will find a show & be at least 2, 3, 4 miles away, if not more. It was a great show, from what I saw of it & maybe in a couple of years we will try it again. By the way Casey loved it, didn't even have his ears covered for most of it & Ryan liked it with the help of his mom covering his ears, even though by the time he got home his story changed.
7824
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: