Nerd Alert!!!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Okay so... You may not know but I am NOT an avid reader. In most cases I actually would rather just sleep then read. About 9 months or so ago I started hearing about these books by Stephanie Meyer & all I knew was that 'it was about vampires but it is surprisingly good so don't hold that against it.' Also another deterrent was the fact that there were 3 already with #4 was coming out soon. So I put off the urge to read, which really wasn't that hard because I was not into the whole vampire thing anyway. Around this time I got into a little TV show called Moonlight & it was about vampires. I'm actually a huge fan (or should I say was, it has been canceled :(... ) & it's the only show I was looking forward to starting up again this fall. I'm sad but I'll get over it...

So I got into the show & I don't remember where I was but someone made the comment that if you liked Moonlight you would LOVE Twilight, so I caved in. I have a 3 chapter rule, if it doesn't grab me by the 3rd chapter I'm done. It did & the rest is history! I started reading it on the Monday before the 4th book came out. I stayed up till 1am Monday & Tuesday night, 4:30a Wednesday night... er Thursday morning & Thursday I tried but couldn't stay awake & fell asleep around 12:30. In this time I was able to read Twilight, New Moon & I was few hundred pages into Eclipse when I went with a good friend Sarah to go pick up the 4th book Friday at midnight. I came home finished Eclipse & then had to refocus to prepare for a week long trip to Utah with Donald's family. I was so tired & so stressed (man I look tired in that picture)! I didn't have time to start packing until Monday at 1pm & we were trying to leave by 4pm. We were 2 hours late in leaving, which is not bad... I think at least.

So Sarah went home that night & started to read it & was done by Sunday. I told her to hold onto it for me till Monday (I knew I didn't have the self control not to start it). I was able to finish it up in Utah & Donald's family was so good not to harass me about being anti-social. I did stay up until 3:30a one night to finish it, partially because I couldn't put it down & partially because I needed to start paying attention to other things & people.

Verdict.... I loved it! I can't wait for the movie of the first book to come out, which will be late November! My only complaint about the 4th book is that for a 'Juvenile Novel' it deals with some pretty adult topics. I think that the author does her best to skim thru it but still... Also I will read it again... this year. I will be reading Twilight again before the movie comes out & then read thru the rest of them after that. I'm sure that I will be able to be a little more calm about reading them this time around... at least to the tune of not loosing so much sleep! :)

This turned out to be a little bit longer of a post then I intended but I rarely get into a book, let alone a book series & wanted to share. She has another book called The Host that Sarah read & liked so that will be next.
7909
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Gary Church said...

I'm so glad that someone loved the book so much that they couldn't put it down!