Our first trip to the beach!

Monday, July 11, 2011

The 2nd day after we arrived to took our first trip to the beach. We are only 15 minutes away from the beach & I can already tell we will be here a lot. We were concerned that Katie would not like the sand. She really REALLY doesn't like grass & I was sure that it would be the same with sand. I was wrong! She loved the sand so much she was storing some for later!
East Coast beaches are so much better for kids. It is shallow for a long time & there are no waves to slam you into the sand. Heaven! I tell ya, heaven!
Katie is turning out to be our little water baby!
Katie was not phased at all when the water got a little deep.
Loving every minute of it!
Payton loved being there too. She spent a lot of time just laying in the water.



Since she wasn't walking yet she crawled everywhere. I was surprised that she only had a few scratches on her knees at the end because there were a lot of shells on the ground.
And yes she would crawl straight into the water.
No fear!


She was very happy until all of a sudden she put her head down & we knew she was almost done.
She was still really good for a while longer.



My happy little beach girls! They had such a good time & I'm so glad that it is so close!

0 comments: