Arboretum

Monday, January 21, 2008

We haven't been to the Arboretum in a long time, we always had things going on. So this last week when the free day came up again we jumped on the chance. Payton loved seeing the peacocks, I didn't have to point them out to her, she was pointing them out to me.There is a waterfall & I usually let her out of the stroller when we are there. Usually she will watch the waterfall for a while but there was the chick there chanting or something so Payton steered clear of her. Actually is was quite funny Payton walked up right behind her & did her 'do you hear that' face while she partially cups her ear/point to her ear & sat there listening. Payton looked really confused, looked at me for some sort of explanation & decided to fore go the waterfall this time. It was all I could do to stop from laughing. There were several people around me that started to laugh when they saw her reaction. I love this kid!
She took off up the road & I've found lately that if I chase her she goes farther but if I just wait she comes back.
Payton LOVES Granny Smith apples. She really likes things that are tart like lemonade as well. She chowed down on this for about a 1/2 hour & when I went to take it away from her before putting her in the car seat I noticed she ate through the core. Yes apparently it was that good. I tried several times to get her to turn the apple but she didn't want to hold the wet part in her hands.
3951

1 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

Lauren eats the core too! I'll give her an apple and then ask her where the rest of it went, and she tells me that she ate it! The whole thing! She's done that several times...I think it's gross!