Trantum...

Monday, January 28, 2008

So Payton has starting throwing tantrums. I finally got it on camera. I'm not looking at her while she's doing it, which is the only reason that she stopped at the end & lost interest.

It is the same every time. She throws herself down (which usually isn't like it was in the video). After going down to her hands & knees she usually does this belly flop thing onto the floor. Then she beaches herself (which I think is hilarious, or at least I did before it became a part of her tantrum) & then after she rocks over to her back she hits her head on the floor. Also when she's on her back she will stomp her feet, but when she does that she usually distracts herself enough, & starts playing, so that she doesn't hit her head on the floor.

Yes during this all I do is sit by & don't make eye contact, which makes it end a lot faster. If I talk to her then it just keeps going. The only time I do react is when she is on the tile & I quickly scoop her up because I don't want her to bang her head on it, which she will & she has before. I'm not sure if she has caught on yet, well I know that she hasn't because if she did then she'd throw all of them on the tile.

I love my 2 year old!
4143

1 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

If that's Payton's tantrum...you haven't seen anything! That was so well-mannered! The BEST was the beaching...her arms and legs up in the air! She was so mild through the whole thing...what a self-disciplined child!