Make the Yuckies Go Away

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Disclaimer: Talk of the Throw Ups, Snot & Loogies... Reader discretion is advised!
This morning Payton was complaining of a hurting tummy. She wouldn't eat & it didn't take long to figure out why. First came the dry heaving & then the Loogies. Payton & I are getting over a little cold that came with lots of flem. Sorry if this is TMI! I was constantly blowing my nose & clearing my throat & Payton just refused to do it. 2 nights ago my sinuses cleared & drained... Last night Paytons must have because she is 'clearing' it this morning.

After about the 4th or 5th time, after I talked to Donald to let him know what was going on & she came up to me as soon as I hung up with him & said 'Mommy make the yuckies go away so we can go see baby Hailey'. I told her we'd still be able to go & she relaxed, layed down & I took the first 2 pictures in this blog. She is so excited to go & has been talking about it since Sunday when she was told we were going.
Tomorrow we have plans to go to Utah. I'm 95% sure we are still going because I don't think that she is sick. She actually did the same thing in the hospital when she refused to cough up the congestion she had after surgery... but that was understandable & expected because it hurt her to do pretty much everything.
She's sleeping in the living room now so hopefully she'll wake up hungry & ready to start her day. In the meantime I have some stuff to do to get ready to go... Does life ever slow down?

UPDATE: I'm happy to report that she woke up smiling & laughing. It's amazing what a little nap can do! Now if she'll just leave me alone long enough to get stuff done... Yeah I guess I do require a lot.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jamie and JD said...

We hope that her yuckies go away!! Baby Hailey is very excited to meet her favorite Payton. We can't wait to see you guys! Good luck getting everything ready.

Gary Church said...

Poor baby!! I hate the throw-ups!! Hope it didn't interfere with your vacay! :D