Throwin rocks in the river

Thursday, March 5, 2009

A few weekends ago Donald took Payton & I to Eaton Canyon. We went down by the river to throw rooks into the river (& Payton has talked about it every day since!). So I guess that means the trip was successful!
Payton was very serious about picking rocks, not every small rock was worthy of the river apparently.
Donald was very good at helping her not to fall which lowered my stress a lot.
Yeah in hindsight I should not have let her choose what she wanted to wear. This would have been a great picture but oh well... we'll just have to go back.
Her favorite part was that she found a rock with a stripe in it & she got to take it home. Aren't we the greatest parents ever... at least she thinks so.
If you haven't been I definitely recommend going to Eaton Canyon. To get there the entrance is just north of New York Drive on Altadena on the east side of the street. Park as far down as you can & follow the trail at the end of the parking lot to the river. Growing up there was always water but I don't know what it's like during the summer, but there's definitely water right now. If anyone would like to go let me know... Payton's been bugging me to go again.

4 comments:

Jean said...

She's so cute with her rock!! We still haven't gone there, but now I really want to.

Jamie and JD said...

She looks so grown up! It's only been a few months since we saw her...4ish, I guess, but wow!

Someday we'll have cute cousin pictures of our little girls playing on the rocks together. Hurray for little girls!

We're excited to see you soon!

Lisa and Dan said...

That does look like fun. I wish the weather was like that here in Idaho so we could go do something like that.

Payton is looking very grown up by the way. She doesn't so much look like a baby, but a little girl now. Crazy. she's so cute.

Jenn said...

I know it's so sad... My little baby is gone. She's lost a lot of weight in her face because of the meds she's on & the baby face is gone! :(

But she's healthy & full of energy & we couldn't be happier.