General Conference....

Sunday, October 5, 2008

With 2 toddlers around we didn't get to hear a lot of the talks even though it was on. There were moments where they completely entertained themselves. Who knew laundry baskets would provide 30 minutes of mostly quiet conference time.
I love this picture below! The kids liked Elder Wirthlin's talk on happiness & finding joy. Yep our kids are all about happiness & joy. It oozes from them. They listened (at least for a few moments) & it was so cute!
Here Payton is protecting her 'babies' like a momma bear protecting her cubs. As you may guess there were moments of happiness & joy but they didn't last for very long. Her baby Pooh Bear has been the hot ticket item this weekend, which is why she is only gripping Pooh Bear.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

Yeah, Andy and I really stopped trying to watch Conference live a few years ago...we can hear it, but just can't really listen...this weekend was no exception...we just record and watch later...everybody raves over Conference weekend, but to us it's just a really long weekend with no Church, because we can't fully enjoy Conference the way we used to! Ah kids...

Jean said...

Cute pictures!! I love that idea - distracting little ones with fun laundry baskets. I'm remembering that for future years!!

megan said...

ah I love it! We don't have cable so always listen to it online. But this go around I decided not to fight it and we are watching it later...we listened to yesterdays last night and I got more out of it than I have since caden was born :-)

Lisa Marie Trent said...

Holy crap Jack has a white tiger just that THAT one that he got at the Mirage in Vegas. How funny. I love Paytons curls. So sweet.