Bumble Bee

Monday, November 3, 2008

Payton wanted to be a bumble bee this year & I decided to make it myself. I have never sewn from a pattern before but decided to give it a go. I love how it turned out. It was one of the hardest things I have tried so far.
Payton was so happy with her costume!
She totally caught on to the spirit of Trick or Treating. I guess being a bumble bee made her forget how shy she can be.
By the end of the night she was a stinker. Didn't want to take any pictures. Didn't want to do anything anyone asked her. She has wanted to wear it everyday since. I'm planning on making some more but making it more like an apron rather than a closed back dress... it'll be easier to get on & off & hopefully will grow with her.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes..
At first I was like, You seriously bought her new shoes for her costume!?
But in the last picture I saw that you didn't!
Nice job Jenn, it looks really oool!

Jean said...

That is the cutest little dress!! I love it! She's a pretty one.

megan said...

so so cute!! you are fabulous as always with your sewing skills!

Lisa and Dan said...

She is so cute! You are talented. We'll have to come visit you and have you teach me how to do all that stuff.

Cindy said...

I love her costume! Good job Jenn. I'm so impressed. She looks darling.

Annie Koop said...

Love the dress, it's so cute!! Good job!!! I'm sure it's better than anything I could do.

dana said...

You did a great job! VERY cute.

Mom and Dad said...

So cute! You did a great job, Jennifer. You are so talented!
Jane

Joanne said...

She makes the cutest little bumble bee. I love the costume. Very impressive indeed!

jaime said...

wow!!! i love it! it's so much work to make little costumes (trust me i know...) but it's rewarding when they love it.