Happy Birthday Payton 12/16/09

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Payton had been saying for several months that she was going to Disneyland on her birthday. Even when I told her that she may not get any presents (knowing that she would from other people of course) she was still not swayed. So Donald took the day off of work & we headed down to the happiest place on earth.
Every time Donald & Payton got on a ride I was so grateful I didn't have to go, especially the carousel... that thing goes seriously fast.
Payton loved every minute of her day but what she was looking forward to were the Princesses!
We waited in line for only 45 minutes (which I've heard is not that bad) & we got to see 3 of them. Payton also got an autograph book that we had everyone sign. I was so glad that she was not shy.
She wore a pin so that everyone knew it was her birthday & what her name was. Let me tell you there is a smart mom('s) out there working for Disney.
Every one of the Princesses called her by name & said Happy Birthday. Each & every time she had this grin from ear to ear.
I don't think she understood why her parents kept shoving this book in her hand to have signed until after we printed the pictures & put the picture of Payton & the character next to the signature. She looks thru that book every couple of days & wanted to sit down & talk about it.
While in line she said that she wanted to see Cinderella, Belle & Sleeping Beauty. By the time we got to the front of the line she didn't seem to care about who was there. After seeing Mulan we were walking out the back & it was shift change & here came Sleeping Beauty, Jazmin & Snow White. I was happy that she at least got to see them but it was even better than that. Each & everyone of them bent down & said "Happy Birthday Payton". When the last one went by she turned to me & said, "See I told you they would know it was my birthday" satisfied she walked off & well, what more can you ask for. She was showing her dad all of the princess dress up stuff they had available when she noticed the princesses she had just seen leaving. When she went to the gate to say bye they ALL remembered her name & wished her a Happy Birthday again. I'm sure they must know how special it is & I can't even begin to tell you how much Payton loved the whole experience.

Donald & Payton rode the train while I waited in line for the Princesses & they saw a motor boat ride that Payton wanted to go on, Small World.

I included the picture above because I have so many people tell me that Payton looks a lot like me but in this picture she is all Donald. Her chin, cheeks, smile creases, nose, squinty eyes, & ears, basically everything but the eyebrows. Yes there are times that I do think she looks like me especially when she is giving attitude but I think she is at least 60% Donald & 40% me.
Mickey was fun to see but she really enjoyed the stationary cartoon car outside. It all went really quick & it was over before she knew it.
Payton was really funny with Minnie. She told Minnie it was her birthday & when Minnie didn't respond she told her again. We had to explain to that some of the characters don't talk.

Payton was the head navigator. Helping us to decide where to go next.
Unfortunately her 'driver' didn't always listen.
We also stopped by to see the fairies from Tinkerbell.
Silvermist was there.

At this point we thought she was a pro at meeting the characters until...

she met Tinkerbell.
She was no longer the chatterbox & responding to the questions she would ask. Didn't even offer up that it was her birthday, like she did with every character before that.
She was NERVOUS! I couldn't believe it. I think she was actually a little star-struck!
The above picture was the only one where she was looking at the camera the rest were like the ones below.
So funny! See how she is playing with her shirt too. Oh I just love it!
There is one thing that is amazing about Disneyland during Christmas & that is the castle! Payton just sat there & watched it. It is truly amazing! She loved it when it turned purple.
There wasn't any part of the day she didn't like. She also didn't put up a stink when it was time to go.
We took some pictures in front of California adventure before leaving.
And once we got on the freeway this is what we found. We did end up getting a pass so that we can go back again so we are hoping to make it down there at least once a month.
She had so much fun on her birthday & still a month & a 1/2 later still talks about she was there. Who ever thought about giving the kids a pin on their birthday is a genius & deserves a raise. It seriously made Payton whole day that the Princesses knew who she was & that it was her birthday. Now I just have to figure out what to do so that next time we go they still know her name....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jean said...

What a fabulous b-day!!! There are few things better than a Disneyland birthday, I think. :-) I love the family pictures! You guys are so cute!

Shannon Dills (Parker) said...

I haven't looked at your blog in quite sometime and it appears like I have missed a lot of wonderful news! So happy for you and your husband and the little girl on the way! Congrats!!! Payton is too cute for words, I love those curls. Abby is almost 10 months and I can hardly wait until she is old enough to go to Disneyland and really enjoy it. Congrats again!!