This nose knows!

Monday, January 25, 2010

So I picked up a blanket this morning that was on the floor & was carrying it to the other room & my bionic sniffer caught a whiff of something. The blanket wasn't anywhere near my face so I didn't suspect it. Since I was by the bathroom I put the blanket down & inspected Payton's bathroom. When nothing was found I check the Christmas totes in the hallway. I was stumped. Then I picked up the blanket & walked with it again & the light smell was back. Apparently water seeped in thru the walls during the last rain & we didn't discover it until this morning. Oh joy.

So our morning started out with a lot of work. And Payton was very helpful & really did work hard. Harder than I think she expected.
She helped me empty out my whole fabric cabinet.
On to my bed...
She never once commented on the quantity, only the quality of the fabric. Yes she is such a good girl, if only Donald could take a lesson in appreciation. :) "ooh mommy this would be so beautiful for the baby, maybe this could be a blanket, I can help you make it today!"
I guess the manager isn't even immune! So right now pads are on the paito drying, carpet is pulled back & is being dried with a fan.
You can see where the concrete is wet after we pulled out the pad. Unfortunately Payton's room got a little wet too, but not like ours.
But she loved paying in the mess with toys she hadn't seen in a while. I heard several times "oh there you are, I thought you were lost, here lets go play" with equal sincerity each time.
Maintenance will be here to waterproof again (this happened last year too!) & then once the rain is over on Wednesday (yeah it's suppose to rain again starting tomorrow early morning) then the company is sending someone to clean the carpets.

So much fun! So in this case it's good my pregnancy nose knows when something is lightly funky. Of course now the whole apartment is smelling wonderfully, so I predict we won't be home too much today or this week.

Hey Mom... here we come! :)

2 comments:

Jamie and JD said...

Good luck!! No fun. At least you have somewhere to go. :) I'm sure that Grandma won't mind a few extra days of Payton!

Melissa said...

Thanks for posting this entry. I read it and it helped clue me in to this yucky smell in my room. I thought it was a missing baby cup stashed somewhere in the room but I had searched everywhere. Once I read this, I moved our furniture and sure enough it was all wet. Used the fan dried it up and now we can move back in to our room (we slept on our bed in our living room)! Thanks for giving me the idea to look! Not a fun experience.