I miss my camera!!

Monday, May 7, 2007

So the reason for not posting is that my camera is on vacation in San Diego with my new nephew Casey Johnathan Ward. (Born 5/4 8lbs 10oz & checks for miles!!!)

So Donald told me yesterday that I should post some older pics of Payton. Duhhh! Sometimes the connection in my head isn't made without a little help. So here are some early pics of Payton!!! I got so caught up in the pics that I hardly got anything done during her nap today.
(The first 6 months are on my mom's computer so I will post again later.)
(6 1/2 mo) Payton loved this little ducky bath. She felt like such a big girl in it. It was perfect too, it fit perfectly in our tub.
(6 1/2 mo) I think that in a previous post I meantioned all of the leads that were required for an EKG. Well here's a picture of Payton being a good sport. Honestly I think that it was before she knew she didn't have to play along nicely!
(6 1/2 mo) Me & my baby waiting to see Dr. Burke! You can really tell the difference in skin color/tone in this one.
(7 mo) Pre-rolling, being propped up by her boppy. Life is good when all that you need is within arms reach!
(7 mo) Getting ready to go for a walk. If ever Payton cries all you have to do is change the atmosphere by going outside. Thank goodness that it still works today.
(7 mo) I love the look on her face in this one. We knew early on we were going to have our hands full with this one!
(7 mo) Payton is always so happy. She really is an inspiration to me!
(7 mo) Donald teaching her some GOOD habits!
(7 1/2 mo) Yes that is a paper towel & yes we did give it to her. That was her favorite thing to have. She would suck on it till it was more saliva than water & we would rinse it & give it back to her. Once she got teeth we stopped giving it to her.
(7 1/2 mo) In Utah for Charlene's wedding. Ryan & Payton enjoying looking at each other. They were holding hands for a split second & I didn't catch it. They were so cute together that weekend!
(7 1/2 mo) My bro JD. I cannot get over that look on her face. I love it!!!
Spencer hit it off with both babies! Spencer I've got room if you want to visit!
(8 mo) How does she know how cute she is! You can see it on her face!
(8 mo) I love love love this picture! She kept it on just long enough to pose for the picture.
(8 mo) In Nauvoo walking around on the flats.
(8 mo) The day after we got back from Nauvoo we were in the hospital. She had a fever & was very cranky the first day. This was her the 2nd day after feeling much better & telling the world about it!
(8 mo) Payton sleeping.
(8 mo) The day we got to go home from Huntington Hospital. Of coarse 4 days later we checked into Children's Hospital for the Heart Cath. I love Payton's Dr.! Later one of the Dr.'s said that Dr. Burke must think very highly of you to 'trust you with his patient in this state'! Yes we know that Payton was meant to have me as a mom & Donald as her dad!
(8 1/2 mo) Payton tangled in her Oxygen tubing. All she did was roll at the time so naturally she was tangled quite a bit.
(8 1/2 mo) Playing on our bed. Nothing ever slows her down, even with tubes taped to her face! She did not once try to pull them off. What a trooper!
(8 1/2 mo) Okay this one takes a little bit of explaining. That was the one & only time that Payton allowed a bandanna to stay on (it took a lot of 'look how cute you are' to keep it on). This is a blanket that my cousin made for her. Each square has a name of a family member on it & as you can see Payton loves it. We had it at Children's with us & it is now hanging up displayed in Payton's room!
(8 1/2 mo) Payton while at Children's having her first taste of Granny Smith Apples! After she sucked all the flavor out of it I got what was left over.
(8 1/2 mo) Home from the hospital just in time for Uncle Tyler's b-day party. After every trip to the hospital that involved a stay Payton bounced back very quickly. As soon as she was home she blossomed again & was good as new by the next morning. Thankfully that is the last over night hospital stay we have had (knock on wood).
(9 mo) This is still her favorite bear. A high school friend of mine Matt Hessemer gave that to her while we were still at Huntington & that is still her favorite bear today!


(9 mo) Payton loving the swings! My favorite is the middle picture! You can barely tell if she is happy or terrified!
(9 mo) When she discovered that she could see me. I would be driving & she would start yelling at me & I would look over & she would get excited. Soon she realized that I couldn't play as much as she wanted so that didn't last very long!
(10 mo) Payton discovered her reflection in the mirror & we played there for at least an hour. (10 mo) Our curly haired girl loving her bath time!
(10 1/2 mo) My little Stinker!
(10 1/2 mo) Alert Websters Dictionary... I've got a picture for the word TROUBLE!!!! She got caught making a break for our bathroom & woohoo it's clean!
(11 mo) In her pretty Sunday dress.
(11 1/2 mo) Her shirt reads. Saw it... Wanted it... Asked Grandma... Got it!! Such a happy baby!
(1 yr) Okay so she doesn't actually brush her own teeth but she does chew on it with toothpaste on it, that counts right?!? I take it & jiggle it a little (what little she allows me) so that there is brushing that goes on too. I'm not sure if she likes it because she is brushing her teeth or because she can watch herself in the mirror while doing it... Hmmm?
(13 mo) She did this several times before I caught it on camera. She really does do the funniest things while watching TV.
(13 mo) This picture captures Payton to a T! or is it tea? The perfect picture of her!
(13 1/2 mo) Pig-tailed-pajama-Princess! So cute!

4 comments:

Gary Church said...

LOVE IT!! I love all the personality. She really is a total trooper...her hospital pics always make me cry! Especially after Ryan's (much less severe) surgery. I had a whole new understanding for what you guys go through...and Payton. I just love her!

Knight knughts said...

Love all the pics. She is such a happy child. My favorite is with the hat.

dana said...

I loved all of the pictures! What a great idea. Before I began reading, my first thought was...they cut her hair????! the curls are gone! But uh, then I read a little further. Cute little Peyton.

Dan and Hilary said...

I love those pictures. I am so glad you posted old pictures so that I was able to see her at so many different phases of her life. I love her expressions!
I also love the pictures of Spencer! I can't wait to tell him!:)