Ward Campout...

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Our ward had a camp out a few weeks ago that was so much fun. We didn't actually stay the night but because I am Ward Activities Chair I felt like I had to be there & I'm glad I was. We had so much fun. And of coarse I never go anywhere without my camera so there were lots of picture moments.
There was a 'lake' & we went out on boats. Of coarse there was no leisurely drifting going on. Bishop McAlister (on the far right in the pic below) thought it would be good to have races.
I love Bishop's face in this picture.
Ready, set, RACE!!!
Donald was the first mate & Beth was the caption or actually pirate, as she called herself.
We did a lot of walking so Payton spent a lot of time on Donald's shoulders. See how she is using his ears as handles!
I love her face in this one.
There was also BB Guns & Archery.
Payton had a fun time just walking around & 'jumping' off of things. She was doing this for about 10 minutes before I started recording.


Donald saw her jumping off of the utility hole thingy & decided that she should try something a little higher.
As you can tell from her expression that she had a great time.

Donald then announced that she could jump off of the stairs by herself & insisted that I leave her alone to let her try & here's what happened..... I love being right, I said that she wouldn't do it.


At the end of the lake there was a spot where you could see a lot of fish & Payton spotted some.
I think that Payton really enjoyed herself, but I think that she just loves being outside.

2 comments:

dana said...

Thanks for the recap. We missed it, so we're glad you took lots of pics!

Gary Church said...

Dude, y'all have been all sorts of busy lately! We are so slow to get things done these days!! I'm jealous!