How can I work....

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Payton & I went to the mall so that she can play indoors & wear herself out. When we went to go get gas at Huntington & Baldwin & looked north & this is what I saw. The fire was just west of Baldwin. Yep last night it started up a again.Below is the very from my dad's office window. I suspect that he has been distracted all day today but the view of the fire.
Again amazing zoom! I spotted this flare up.
Within minutes the first helicopter came.
These guys are so good!
Yeah success!
And one more time for good measure!

I also spotted another flare up & when I zoomed in to take a look I spotted a fire engine. It's small & you can't really see it but it is directly to the left of the flames (about 1 1/4 inch). I spotted this on my 'way out' so I ended up staying for about 10 to 15 minutes longer, they were able to stomp out that flare up too. Firefighters are just so good!!!
SO needless to say I was distracted for a while & by the time that we finally left it was past Payton's bedtime. So do you think that she enjoyed herself as much as I did? She ended up sleeping for 3 HOURS! WooHoo!
So sweet! She is such a good girl!!!
5973

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Thanks for the updates. I've been wondering how you are. So scary!

Kristi David said...

Wow! Great pics Jennifer! I'm sending my parents to your blog because I didn't get any pictures and yours are so clear. Peyton is as adorable as ever by-the-way!
Kristi