The last RSV shot....

Monday, April 14, 2008

Yes we have hit a mile marker, maybe not a big one to you but to Payton & I it's huge. For the first 2 years of life children with HLHS have to get shots for RSV during cold & flu season. Payton has been very brave but it is really hard because she recognizes the building, waiting room & is really good up until she sees 'The Nurse' & looses it in a total meltdown. Because of her weight she has to get 2 shots, but at least she gets them at the same time. I hold her, she straddles me & I lean forward so she can't muscle her way out (she off balance & can't get the leverage) & with a nurse on each side it's over quick. I grab my bag & we head out to the main lobby. It doesn't take her long at all to settle down but the hardest part is that she remembers what happened. Lately she has liked to explain what happened.

It makes me tear up when I see her face at the point when her hand goes up to her forehead. And even through it all she still is sweet enough to humor me & smile! I know it's kind of a scary smile but I had to include it anyway. So precious! Maybe it's one of those 'only a mother' moments...
The rest of the day she would 'tell' me about what happened. By the end of the day she was waving Bye Bye to her owey & it was a distant memory.

Look at that cute Peanut butter & jelly faced smile!
5689

1 comments:

Cindy said...

That is the sweetest little video of Payton telling about her shots. She is so cute.