Now called the Sierra Madre Fire...

Monday, April 28, 2008

Yeah this is quite unnerving but let me give you a little perspective...Yeah my camera has some major zooming capability! This was taken from my parents backyard.
This plane was awesome. It was able to drop fire retardant 4 different times. There was also a spotted plane that these guys would follow in. It was very impressive.
Donald of coarse is always in the thick of things. On Saturday when this started Donald was up Monrovia Canyon (which is about 1/2 to 1 mile East of where it started) in the mountains with the scouts. We knew it was close but weren't sure how close. We finally heard from him about 4pm. They were evacuated & left about 5 hours before it was scheduled to end.

I also learned something knew. These helicopters are Black Hawks that have been modified. Interesting.
I'm not sure about the red one but definitely the yellow one is.



Just some cool shots that I thought I'd share.

0 comments: