Am I setting a bad example?

Thursday, April 3, 2008

I am always watching what I'm doing around Payton. She is like a little sponge & since she's not talking yet & still internalizing everything I really have to watch my language. I'm not a potty mouth but there are certain words that I tend to use a lot (like idiot, which I only use while I'm driving but with the caliber of drivers out there I use it a lot) that I don't want her to say. It would be so much easier if she would start to parrot things back because I'm sure there are other words I should use less.

So the other day Donald was watching Payton while I was responding to emails (I hate it when I have vacant apartments!) & she got a hold of Donald's old cell phone & went to go sit on her Pooh Car. Donald then accused me of setting a couple of bad examples;

texting while driving....& talking on the phone while driving.
I have been known to send a text message while driving but only while sitting at a red light. And I do talk while driving but I have an ear piece thing that I use so it's safer right?
5488

1 comments:

dana said...

Well, it's legally okay to talk on your phone while you're driving if you're using a hands-free ear piece. I can't remember when that goes into effect. Some time in the next month or so, I think.
And yea, I'm just as guilty. I guess I can add "applying makeup while driving" to your list.