Disneyland!!!!

Friday, December 7, 2007

*** The Video uploader for Google is being weird. I will post again when I've added the video's, I'm just missing 2 videos in the Finally Mickey post***


On Wednesday we had the opportunity to go to Disneyland (thanks again Robin!). The kids had such a good time, & I think that we were able to fit a lot into our day! Lines weren't too bad & moved pretty fast. The weather was great... I can't complain!



















The first ride we went on was Buzz Lightyear. I guess last time Ryan was here he really liked it. Now this is a test.... look at the face below.... What does that face tell you?
Once we figured out (after this ride) that if Melissa covered his ears to muffle the loud music he did much better.

Next we headed over to Autotopia! Both kids really enjoyed it.
Payton, although not looking to sure about what is going on, did enjoy it.
As soon as the car stopped she grabbed the wheel & started to try to turn it.
I'm getting ahead of myself. For those of you who have never been to Disneyland after you park there is a tram that takes you to the entrance. Once on the tram Payton freaked out. She started arching her back & turning purple & really crying. I had to bring in reinforcements! We sang Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam. It was perfect it was like singing a little prayer before entering the park that totally changed her attitude. I have to admit I was all of a sudden filled with dread about the whole day. It all turned out better than okay & despite the start we had a perfect day!
This is what the kids looked like all day long. The Monkey's on their backs are little harness/backpacks that have a tail/leash hooked to the back. I had to use it a couple of times to stop Payton from getting away while we were in line. Also while I'm thinking about it.... Anyone getting ready for a theme park experience, here are the things that really helped us enjoy our trip! (1) Harnesses was a must. (2) Also we took CamelBacks! Also something that is now on the must take list for us. Not a lot of cargo room but it helps you not to take to much & have a heavy back pack. (3) Double Stroller was perfect (thanks Tara for letting us borrow it & keep it till our DC Trip in a few weeks)
Peter Pan had a good line (less than 20 minutes which is the longest line we waited in for a ride but is apparently a short line for this ride) & I'm really glad we did it because Payton really really enjoyed it. I was nervous because it was another inside ride like Buzz Lightyear but she did okay.
On the Carousel Ryan rode on a horse while Payton & I sat on a bench. Mom & Payton rode the Carousel at the mall a few days before & that did not go well so I tried putting her on a horse & immediately she wanted off. She did really good on the bench & enjoyed watching Ryan go up & down.
Small World was probably Payton's favorite ride of the day. It helped that the boats are slow so it gave her time to notice things. The whole time she was pointing & ooo'ing & auhing.
It was decorated with a Christmas theme & was nice. I had never seen it decorated like that so it was cool to see something new.
3138

1 comments:

Gary Church said...

How fun! I love all these pictures ... and that you got to go with your sister! That's a fun day!!