My first Christmas post... wow I'm really behind!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Our ward Christmas party was, wow, a while ago. I was in charge of planning it with an awesome team of people that really make our activities (& me) look good. We had breakfast & activities for the kids. Here's Payton coloring a picture for Christmas.Santa came! Look how excited Payton is!
Payton was fine with Santa as long as there was someone between Santa & her. This is blurry but I think that it gets the point across.
The difference between this year & last year is that she wasn't as strong. We didn't want to strain Santa so we didn't try to have Donald back out of the picture. Hey at least everyone else in the picture seems to be having a good time. Sorry Payton that you didn't enjoy as much as we did.
She then had to tell me all about it. Her little finger was pointing to Santa. I then put down the camera & became the loving & comforting mom she was wanting in this picture.
Once Santa left she wanted to sit in her chair. Maybe this is her way of pretending to be brave! At least brave when it comes to a person with an unreal amount of facial hair with a hat that covers most of his face, think about it, I get why she doesn't care for the real thing. But she loves to point out all the Santa's we see & that are on the tree.
Wondering how it went last year.
Just about the same. It is actually the same Santa so this year if knew what to expect... however I don't think that he expect her super-human strength! I love this video. Pay attention to her feet, you can tell exactly when she spots Santa!

By the way I do not enjoy torturing my daughter even though it may look like it. I will freely admit that I love Santa Pictures where the kids look like they are just freaking out. My favorite Santa pictures of us growing up are the ones where one or more of us are crying.
3382

2 comments:

dana said...

Wow. That picture of her crying on Santa's lap is priceless. So great!

Gary Church said...

I love the picture of Payton screaming her brains out on Santa's lap ... and I love her hair ... and I just plain love her. HUGS!!!