Like a hole in the head...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

I know, I know, I need more fabric like I need a hole in the head but I could not resist. (Also I'd like to clarify that the fabric that I do have is all flannel & the fabric I got was cotton & is more quilter friendly) I was surfing around on Craigslist, don't even know what for & I came across this ad for a garage sale where there was a ton of fabric & other sewing/quilting supplies. I was so excited! I told Donald about it & that's when he said "Sweetie I don't care how much fabric you get as long as it's cheap." Yes those sounded like marching orders to me too. Without defining 'cheap' I made arrangements for Payton to be with my mom & I was off.

This house had tables lining the walls of 2 rooms with a table or two in the middle & boxes underneath all of them. All of the tables had at least a foot of fabric on them in several stacks. I started out laying my finds it over my arm. Then a lady (probably seeing that I was just beginning & maybe starting to break a sweat) offered me a box. Right then & there I said to myself, "I will stop when I have filled this box". And I did just that. 70 different patterns of fabric & $45 later I was done. None of these were less than 1 yard & at least 10 are longer than 5 yards & one that is close to 8 yards. The stack on the left are all Christmas patterns. I found so many cute fabrics. I pulled them out & re-folded (this was the second time, the first was at the garage sale because I had filled the box but wasn't done yet & knew I could fit more. ;) & found myself getting excited all over again. I have promised myself that I am not going to begin anything new until I finish 2 other projects. So once that is done I think I'm going to do a patriotic themed one next. Now I just need to find a place to put all of my new treasures!
5433

2 comments:

Gary Church said...

Dude. You are the queen! It's official! You rock.

megan said...

I wish I were as motivated! Can't wait to see what you create next!