Her first Shiner

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Payton got her first shiner. Friday I had to drive to the other side of LA, Culver City, to drop off the rents that I collected. On my way back I called Mom to check on Payton & to let her know that I was running late. Since I wasn't going to get there before she went down for her nap & Mom wasn't going to be there when she woke up, she said that she has something to explain about what happened to Payton's face... WHAT? So Payton & Mom were over at Nana's (my grandma's) & they were in her back yard watering (Payton's favorite thing to do). Payton was excited & running after Nana who was going to fill up the watering can. Payton likes to watch her feet when she runs & will occasionally run into things like walls, chairs, basically big stationary objects that tend to move right into her path. So this time it was a lawn mower, actually I could see how a lawn mower could be a hazard with it's thin, hard to see handle that protrudes out so dangerously like that.. ;) So she hit & fell & was really, really upset. They checked her over & assuming she hit her forehead were chalking up all the dramatics to her over dramatic personality.So they went to Costco & Nana looks down & notices the bruise. Needless to say that have repented & given the sympathy, as late as it was, that was deserved. Just kidding. They felt terrible but with children who find enjoyment in their feet while walking & sometimes running... what are you suppose to do?
6098

0 comments: