My latest project...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Kristin, 18 yr old sister, asked me to help her with complete a project for Young Women. She had to learn a new skill & she chose sewing. She had to get at least 10 hours & there was no question that she would get that. She picked out her pattern & the fabric & we got started. She helped me sew quite a bit. Here are some progress pictures once we were more than half way thru.With 3 different blues & 4 different whites it is hard to get things to look random.

I am happy to say that the main part of the top quilt is done. We still have to add a couple pieces to the border. I'll post again with the final product that will include the borders on Sunday, it has to be done Sunday to show. There's nothing like a deadline to keep me up till 11:30p sewing.
The end is in sight!!!
6354

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn... You will have to teach me how to sew... the quilts looks Awesome!!!!

dana said...

Wow. That's a lot of work. Keep it up!

Mom and Dad said...

That's amazing! You are a pro!
Jane

megan said...

you amaze me! I'm glad you posted pics!! I've been wanting to see what it looks like! How many total hrs do you think you've spent on this one?

Jenn said...

I'm not even sure... Maybe 30 to 40, plus what my sister helped with & 4 hours of Judy Alder sewing right along with us... Yeah not a small undertaking. I still have 1 more border to do & then the quilting will begin. I'm trying to get my mom to pay to have it professionally quilted but we'll see.