San Deigo Temple....

Saturday, June 9, 2007

We went down to San Diego for a wedding & it was a beautiful day. I dropped Donald off at the temple (he was going in to see the wedding) & Payton & I went over to my sister's to hang out till it was time for us to go. We got back there right when we were suppose to & I just let Payton roam around. All of a sudden I hear my name but since it's a pretty common one I didn't respond. When it was called again I looked & Wow there was my Uncle Gary! I couldn't believe it. I don't think he spotted us until they were leaving (he was there with the YM's from his ward) & so he couldn't stay but a few minutes, seconds actually. It was so quick! Yes so apparently the San Diego temple was the place to be that day! After a while they came out & Payton had her dad following her around too. She was so good. She would walk up to people, smile then retreat back to one of us to hide her head. She can be really shy so it's kind of expected but there are sometimes I think she does it for attention.
One thing that I have noticed is that when she is walking behind people she puts her hand out & touches the back of their legs. I don't know if she likes to feel the fabric of what they are wearing but it's interesting to see how people react, if they do at all. The ones who are mom's usually don't but almost all of the men did (whether they are Dad's or not). Payton is in the bottom right hand corner just walking around.
Such a beautiful temple!!!
Grandma Church was there & I am such a doe-doe brain, I didn't get any pictures. So Jane if you can have some sent to me that would be great!
Payton was all about touching the flowers & pinching little dirt out of the planters. Most of the time she would put the dirt back when we told her to but once she looked at us & quickly stuck it in her mouth. The little STINKER!
There's her hand in the planter again!
My only mistake of the day was not putting sunscreen on her. Her arms were slightly burned. I felt really guilty but now everywhere I got I've got her sunscreen with me. I just have to find a more travel sized bottle....
Luckily she didn't discover the planter dirt until towards the end of the time we were waiting. There she goes again.
She was so funny with this skirt. She does this high stepping walk thing & she was constantly doing it. I'm convinced it was because of the skirt she was wearing. As you can tell from the picture that there was a lot of fabric to the skirt & every time she would kick up her legs she liked to watch the skirt move with it. It was also windy that day (well every day at the San Diego temple is windy!). By the way that's a leaf in her hand.
She was such a good girl. She was so tired that she snuggled with me for a little while. Hey I take it when I can get it!
The day didn't stop there, we went to Olive Garden after that & I am happy to report that even without a nap she behaved so well. It was such a relief & I was so proud of her. As soon as we pulled onto the freeway to head home she was out cold. We hit some traffic about 45 minutes later & she woke up. We just put on Monsters Inc & she was happily awake the rest of the way home. It actually was perfect because if she would have slept the whole way home she probably would not have gone to sleep at her bedtime (which was 30 minutes after we got home).

0 comments: