Stake Fair

Friday, June 22, 2007

A couple of weeks ago there was a Stake Fair & Payton had a good time. She was napping up at my mom's house & when she woke up Mom brought her down. She put these sunglasses on her & I couldn't believe how long she kept them on.Every other time we have put sunglasses on her she pulls them right off. I think that she is still waking up in these pics because she has no expression.
There's our happy girl! She walked over to see the blow-up jumpers & slides (6 in all) & decided that she wasn't interested.
Payton with Grandma getting loves!
They had a pony ride that Payton went on. I don't think that she knew what was coming.

This is the point that Payton realized that maybe she didn't want to be there.
What happened was the horse moved & Payton was ready to get off. She grabbed the back of Donald's shirt & held on for dear life.
This is after 1 full lap around.
And here's our brave little girl the 2nd time around. She looked so comfortable up there, or maybe she just decided to deal with it. Either way it only took 1 lap for her to get used to the ride & let go of her dad.
Go Cowgirl!!!
The horse had stopped & she was ready to get off again but first we had to take pictures. Payton can be so tolerant of her crazy parents sometimes.
They also had a little train that she seemed to enjoy.
We got her to smile only when we moved her arm up & down & said 'Choo-Choo'.
It was perfect we were there for about an hour & did all that we would have done if we had had more time.

3 comments:

dana said...

I'm so sad we missed the fair, it looks like tons of fun!
I think I was scared too the first time I was on a horse. Although I've never ridden a pony...
Cute to see pics of you in there Jenn! It seems that we never see the moms, since they're always behind the camera. :)

Dan and Hilary said...

I LOVE the sun glasses. She has the best personality!:)

Darci said...

Cute stuff! She is the perfect age to enjoy the Stake Fair. How fun for you guys.