I just might finish...

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

For Enrichment tonight we are having a service auction & I signed up to donate something. So I decided to do a lap quilt & there's nothing like a deadline to get you moving. It only took 1 day to piece together the top quilt (not counting the butterflies). The butterflies took an afternoon & it was my first try at it & I impressed myself! That was probably the most exciting part of the whole thing, how well it turned out.
So last night after battling Payton to go to bed I started quilting. I originally wanted to try free-motion quilting but after practicing for 2 hours & have my thread break a million times & Payton not giving in until 9:00pm I came up with this alternative.
Wavy lines! Yes I know it's a difficult concept to come up with but I'm glad that Payton decided to be extra difficult so that I would have a lot of time to think about what I wanted to do.
The back is a little different & doesn't match exactly but I loved it so much that I had to use it.
All I have left is to bind it (put the finishing edge on it) & wash it. Since I'm out of quarters I'll be putting Payton to bed at my mom's & finish it there. I love this so much that if I hadn't signed up to donate something I'd keep it. So I'll be doing another one to keep. I'm glad to be getting some practice in & for my second quilt I think I'm off to a good start!

4 comments:

Gary Church said...

Holy crap, Jennifer!! That rocks!

Mom and Dad said...

You're amazing, Jennifer! Do you quilt it with your sewing machine? Love the quilt!
Jane

Joanne said...

WOW. I am really impressed! It looks amazing.

Jenn said...

Yeah I did it with my sewing machine. I took a class recently so I'm pretty pumped to practice & get stuff done. It's actually pretty easy, it's just time consuming. I'm glad you guys liked it!