Cardiology Appointment + Sick Baby = Baby Breakdown

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Payton went to see Dr. Burke (cardiologist) yesterday & all is well. She didn't let anyone else touch her, which made it kinda tricky to do the EKG & take her pulse oz. So we didn't end up getting it but I check her levels every day so I wasn't worried about not getting it done there. When they take the EKG they have 8 to 10 leads that are stuck to her with these little gel stickers. It didn't go over very well but after it was on & we put a blanket over them so she couldn't pull at them she calmed down long enough to get a good reading. She also was not happy at all to see Dr. Burke. He walked into the room & she lost it. So I got her dressed & we went out in the lobby & Payton played (keeping a comfortable distance from Burke of coarse). So all is well & it looks like her next surgery will be between the ages of 3 & 4 , unless she 'forces our hand'. After she was happy & playing around for a while Dr. Burke said that he noticed that the residual swelling in her face (water log) that we were keeping an eye one seems to have gone down... aka a good sign of internal things working as they should. He also said that after seeing her play & have her color return that he felt better about not getting her o2 levels this time. We don't have to go back for 2 months!!! Yippee & maybe next time Payton will tolerate the visit next time a little better.

Another reason that Payton didn't handle the Dr.'s ofc very well is because she's runny a low fever. When she went to bed last night she didn't have one so I thought that we were in the clear. But this morning it is back. I gave Payton her medicine & she just sat there not wanting to eat. So I checked her temp & there it was again 99.8. Since she wasn't eating I took her tray off to get her out & she started crying. So I left her in there while I posted an ad for a vacant apartment & noticed how pitiful she looked & of coarse my first thought was to take a picture. I went over had her drink some water & I could tell she just wanted to be left alone so I did. About 10 minutes later I took the one below. Yeah no change. So this time I got her out & sat with her until Sesame Street was over. Oh my poor baby!

2 comments:

Gary Church said...

Poor baby girl!! I'm sending her a big hug and lots of prayers!!!

dana said...

The same pose....10 minutes apart! Poor sweet Payton.