The Hunt is On!!!

Monday, April 9, 2007



So we have been practicing for a couple of weeks & Payton just didn't get it. She would take the eggs out of the basket & put her sippy cup & TV remote in & walk around with that. I guess she figured why put eggs in when she could put something a little more useful in instead. So I half expected her to head inside & find her cup & a remote... but oh yeah, she's so smart & didn't even need my help.I think that it helped when she saw her second cousin Elise putting eggs in her basket. Then it clicked & she was a women on a mission. She was all the way down the driveway & spotted the egg below. She passed several eggs in plane sight & went for this one.
I was surprised, as soon as she would add another egg to her basket she would forget about it & concentrate on the next find.
It was so fun to see her so focused. Donald helped point some out but there were definitely ones that she found on her own as she pulled her Dad in an opposite direction of the one that he was trying to point out. She was so proud of her basket. She would put one in & look up to smile.
She actually found this one on her own. The bush was wet because it was a rainy day & she still stuck her hand in there. She doesn't really like to touch things like wet grass & stuff like that but today there was a higher purpose & she braved the unknown for that egg.
And it fell farther in when she tried to get it. So we helped a little.
Of coarse there were some that Dad definitely helped with.
And yes she even braved a strange man, AKA Drew. Payton doesn't like men right now. You can tell by the look on her face.
See the change in her face when she realizes that an egg is involved. "Hey there strange man, come a little closer & give me your egg!"
I'm so glad that I didn't confuse her by making her 'practice'. This was so much fun.
Check out the loot!

2 comments:

Gary Church said...

She is so sweet!!! Holding her daddy's hand....I just love her Jennifer!!

dana said...

Peyton is one smart little lady (and quite a cutie). But I gotta say...that is the best Easter grass I've ever seen! It is SO green!