Children for Rent...

Monday, August 30, 2010

We went to a opening social for Donald's school. We were very late because I had an unwilling participant that was throwing a tantrum. I've learned that Payton can get over it & get all her naughty energy out then she can be VERY pleasant afterwards. We walked into the Atrium, when was the room that had all of the tables in it, & it was so noisey. Payton asked me if there were bees in there & it really did sound like a bee hive. So when we arrived we found Donald at a table talking with some friends, he had been there for about 45 minutes or so. When we arrived he took Payton to go get some food & came back several minutes later. It was very crowded but I figured he just stopped to talk, we are talking about Donald here. When he came back I gave him Katie & he went to go get me something to drink. After about 10 minutes I went to find him. He didn't even make it to the drinks yet. I didn't think too much of it.
So apparentally NO ONE can resist Katies cheeks. Donald would walk by a group & someone in the group would oooh & ahhh over Katie & then the conversation would stop & Donald & Katie were at the center of it. He wasn't able to pass by more than 1 group without being stopped.
We were talking to a group of guys at the end & they were commenting as to how hard it was to join a conversation so they could get to know more people & here's Donald who just has to walk by & the conversation turns to him. I told them that if they wanted to risk bodily fluids I would gladly rent them one of my children.
I mean seriously, who can resist this face! Donald may have started out as one of the more popular ones. Our kids were the only ones who were there & needless to say that there were more families at the events to follow. Not trying to say that it was because of Donald but I think that others may have seen the benefit to having their kids there.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Gary Church said...

I cannot resist her cheeks!!

ps- I love how you hung the painting with the middle one higher than the others. Very cool!