BYU vs the Refs... oh yeah & ULCA

Friday, September 14, 2007

Last Saturday we went to the BYU vs. UCLA football game at the Rose Bowl. I just want to say first of all that I had such a good time. We sat with the BYU section & that is the way to watch football. We had some characters behind us that were so entertaining.

Here are Kristin & Annie before the long walk to the stadium.There were SEVERAL calls in the game in the 1st half that were questionable & it was so frustrating not knowing whether the calls were accurate or not. The guys in back of us would call there friends who were at home watching & that's when it would get really disappointing because we'd find out that the call was totally off & in UCLA's favor every time.
Okay so that's my little rant. The picture below is of the team doing the Haka it's a Polynesian war dance. It is done before every game. I was talking to my sister who went to BYU & the stadium gets quite for it so it is probably more impressive at a home game.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about here is a video I found on youtube. It is of the All Blacks rugby team from New Zealand. Now if that's not intimidation I don't know what is! Pst... Don't worry the movie clip is rated E for everyone (Donald added that part).


The 2nd half was awesome. The team came out & did so good.
We were out of our seats a majority of the last half & I left with a sore throat (which is probably what lead to the cold I have now).
We had such great seats.

Then in the last part of the 4th quarter....
It all went down hill. There were some very unhappy fans!
Tyler you are so funny!!! It was a great game & the best part is that UCLA left thinking 'where did that come from.' BYU was more of a challenge that they expected.