Lost & FOUND!!!!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

So a long time ago I lost my camera. It was very frustrating because I knew exactly when I lost it. There was a matter of 2 hours where I realized that I should have put it away so that Payton couldn't get to it. I went to go look for it but I was on my way out so I thought that I would just look for it later once she was in bed.

In the last 2 1/2 months I have causally looked for it countless times & totally torn the apartment apart specifically looking for it 3 times. The only solution was that it was in a spot that I hadn't looked yet (obvious I know) or someone walked into my apartment & took it WHILE I WAS HOME. I was so convinced that I had looked everywhere that I was blocking the last part out of my head.

Donald & I decided that either the camera was long gone or we'd find it as soon as we bought another one but either way we needed a camera so we could stop borrowing my parent's camera. So we bought a nice Cannon to replace the Cannon we lost but this time we bought one that wasn't so compact so that it wouldn't be so easy to misplace, of coarse there were other nice features as well. We bought it 2 weeks ago yesterday right before Labor day.

So last night after watching a movie I was sitting on the recliner & Donald came over & said... "What's this?" I couldn't believe it. "I was looking for your back pocket & I found your camera". So let me explain where it was. Below is the chair that I have previously searched & moved during each 'search', I have also sat in it every day! Below Donald is pushing down as hard as he can. The camera chord was not sticking out like that while it was missing.
Below Donald is standing on it. So when I was looking for it I would have had to dig back there while I was sitting or standing on the recliner.
At least it wasn't by itself. There were these other things back in there too. If I had found all of Payton's toys back there then I would have felt justified in blameing her, but since that ribbon was back there to (which Payton could have been playing with but I can't say for sure) then it is a mystery. All that matters is that it is back. Our camera has been 'returned' to us.

2 comments:

Gary Church said...

Oh my gosh! That's hilarious! I love that story!!!

dana said...

That's hilarious! I'm so glad we know the ending to the camera mystery. And yes, it's pretty impossible for you to have found that on your own. Well, now you will be super equipped to take pictures for the blog.