Mommy's little helper...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Over the weekend we decided that our apartment needed a little attention. Usually Payton could care less, especially because cartoons were on but not this time. She was such a big help. I didn't let her up to help until a good majority of the dishes were in the dishwasher but she didn't mind. She enjoyed helping me clean the dish I made fudge in. BTW I have a great fudge recipe I will have to share soon.
Of coarse the best part about doing the dishes is WATER!!
But she really did try to scrub with the brush.
Then we vacuumed. She has a little play vacuum & loves it. It does take batteries but we haven't put them in yet.
When she gets tired of it we will add batteries & it will be like a new toy.
It was on to the mirrors. This took a little bit of convincing. She wanted to put her fingers in the windex & not wipe it with a paper towel, but she eventually resisted the temptation & used the paper towel.

The bathroom I was planning on doing myself but she insisted on helping.
She then decided her teeth needed to be clean as well. This happens about 4 times every day. She loves to brush her teeth.
1289

2 comments:

dana said...

That is so cute! What a great little helper.
And I love the idea about holding off on the batteries. You're so right...once the novelty wears off, batteries will make it feel like a new toy!

Ann said...

Jenn-
I'm a cousin of the Church family and I don't think we've met, but I check your blog all the time. Payton is adorable!! And these pictures are so priceless! What a wonderful helper!