Payton's Cardio Appointment

Monday, November 5, 2007

We had a cardio appointment this morning. She was in a good mood while in the waiting room.Payton loves climbing on chairs....
The office has recently been under some construction so this is the first time coming in since they've finished (actually the last appointment she was too upset to go in after seeing Dr. Burke in the lobby so we did everything that we needed to out in the waiting area, sometimes it just works out best that way). I'm not sure whether Payton liked the Mickey Mouse room that we were in or the fish tank better.
This is our first picture of Dr. Burke. I never got around to getting one of him & Payton when she was young (yeah I'm not sure what I was thinking, especially because I'm such a picture fanatic!). So this is the best that we could do. Payton doesn't care too much for him so this was the closest that he wanted to get after the appointment. He really doesn't like to upset 'his kids'.
Dr. Burke was able to get an echo-cardiogram done (he didn't do it but he was in the room, I think it helped that there was a female there able to do it so he wouldn't have to). Just to help you realize how significant this is they use ultrasound gel (which is usually cold) & then use a prob & rub it around her chest. She did cry but I had them keep going because I knew that with Elmo's World & my excellent distraction skills she would get calm for a few seconds every now & then & forget that she was sticky & being touched so that they could get a good look. Dr. Burke was able to see everything that he needed to and said that a few things look better & the rest looks the same which is great news. But the best news was yet to come. We don't have to go in again for ..... (drum roll please).... another 4 months!!!! YEAH PAYTON!!! Since she has been born we've gone in every 6 to 8 weeks with an exception of this last time which was 10 weeks. Of course I can take her in if I think she needs to be seen but WOW 4 months. Her color has been beyond great lately (as Janette has pointed out as well, it was good to hear that someone else thought so too cuz you never know if it is just wishful thinking on your part).

We are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for not only trusting us to take care of her but that she is doing so well. It seems that she has always been on the better end of how a majority of kids do with this heart defect & I know that is because of not only her excellent care & Dr. Burke but because of prayer & of coarse her fighting spirit. We are so glad that she is here with us & growing up so strong. I can't believe next month she will be 2 years old! Wow we have all come a long way thru this journey & thanks for being her with us.

Yeah 4 months!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!

4 comments:

dana said...

I'm glad everything is well!
And Peyton is a trooper for putting up with Ultrasound gel all over her chest. Ugh. I hate it, and I know what's going on!

Gary Church said...

That is such great news!!!!!!! I'm teary-eyed!! Yay Payton!!! I knew her color was looking good!! Exceptional, actually. Not even a bit purple. It's been that way for weeks now ... in my opinion anyway.

Did they test her SAT levels? I'm just curious ... thinking maybe they're higher than usual and that's why she's not purpley.

Jenn said...

She's been SATing in the mid to low 80's for about 2 months now. I don't check it all of the time but every time I do it's a solid 83/85.

Cindy said...

Yay! I'm so happy she is doing so well!